Analytics
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Measurement Protocol implementation doesn't build Audience

N/A
# 1
N/A

We use Measurement Protocol to send hit, event, transaction data to GA.

We can see Real Time traffic, Audience, Acquisition, Behaviour and Conversion data. We collect custom dimensions, enhanced ecommerce data including product view, add to basket, refund and checkout view data.

Everything works great, except building an Audience for Remarketing. Admin > Audience Definitions > Audiences > New Audience >  Define Audience

Even selecting "All Users" returns "Users over last 7 days" - 0

This despite all other metrics showing thousands of sessions, transactions, events etc.

Google support has looked into this for us but cited "Non standard implementation" as the cause i.e. we're using Measurement Protocol and not analytics.js.

So we're reaching out to the community for help. We hope someone can.

Darren

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Measurement Protocol implementation doesn't build Audience

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Darren,

Is there any part of the process that is collected from a traditional GA snippet?

I know there are limitations to Measurement Protocol and remarketing but I don't have a lot of experience with problems related to it. Specifically Google says:
"Note: For privacy reasons, data sent via the measurement protocol can be used to trigger RLSA list addition only if it is sent within 6 hours of those users' most recent visit. For addition to a display remarketing list, the data must be sent via the measurement protocol within 10 days of those users' visit."

I'm sorry I can't be of more help but if you are not tracking the user on site and then pushing back with the same client id or user id, that may be the root of your problem.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Re: Measurement Protocol implementation doesn't build Audience

N/A
# 3
N/A
Thanks Theo. Really appreciate your insights. I'm going to look into this again. I'll post back if I have any luck