AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Measurament protocol

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

HI

I have the following hit 

http://www.google-analytics.com/collect?v=1&t=pageview&tid=UA-52904044-12&cid=555&dh=javiersancho.es...'

And I generte the transaction but I don't have anything in the products, even if I click in the transaaction I don't have the products

What I'm missing??

Thanks!

Measurament protocol

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Two tips:

- try the request with /debug/collect

- go to the hit builder tool and paste your request

You *can* have a transaction without any products. From what I see, your request is valid. Keep in mind transactional data doesn't show up instantly in GA.

Re: Measurament protocol

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

Thanks for the reply but I did the transaction yesterday and I have no products in there, it's a test site so it has no traffic, I attach you two images. In the image salesPerformance.png

salesPerformance.PNG

you see all the transaction including the 61 wich is the transactio I put in the hit but if I click in there (salesPerformanceTrans61.png) you see I have no products.

salesPerformanceTrans61.PNG

Even if you go to the products performance (productperformance.png) you see the product Iphone4 (included in the hit) has no revenue

productperformance.PNG

So after all of this I think the hit is not ok

Can you help me please??

Thanks

Measurament protocol

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

In the request you shared, you seem to be missing pr1qt (quantity).

Measurament protocol

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Wow! Thanks a lot, now its ok! 

Another question if you allow me

I have all the site tagged with gtm but in the thankyou page I have the measurament protocol

I did all the process once and I have 2 sessions and 2 users instead 1

It's maybe for the param cid?

thanks

Measurament protocol

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Great!

Indeed, you need to make sure you are using the same CID - which means you'll have to collect it in a custom dimension or programmatically. Ideally, instead of calling the measurement protocol directly, you should try to generate the proper dataLayer which could be used by GTM. This way, if you have other tags besides GA you want to fire only when a transaction is completed, this will be done more easily and efficiently through GTM.

Measurament protocol

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Agree but we want to use measurement protocol in thw purxhase because of the system we want to execute a request from the server so I need to extract the client id and send it as a parameter so I need the client id as a variable in the code.

How can I do that?

Thanks for all the help

Measurament protocol

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

You might have to talk to your web development team. This reference describes how to retrieve the client id from the client-side - passing it to your back-end will be up to you.