5.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Max record limit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Currently when I'm querying google analytics to get visit and download counts per page for a particular month, the records that are return are limited to a maximum of 10000 records which normally is more than sufficient. However in my current case it's not enough as I'm approaching upwards of 25-30k records each month. Thus I'm being forced to do individual queries to get that information and then processing it afterward to combine and so fourth.

I'm wondering if there is a work around for the 10k record llmit or a way to sum up the column through api call?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Max record limit

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Salman,

You can pull the first 10k then the additional rows you need and loop through your data to combine it.  Which method depends on if you are using V3 or V4 of the core reporting API:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/v4/migration#pagination

If you are using the sheets plug in then use the start index and max results then you can reference the cells in another sheet.

ss max results start index.png

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn