Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Made a New Version in Google Tag Manager and Now None of My Tags Are Showing Up (or Firing)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all, 

I had a few triggers and tags that were firing correctly a few days ago, but deleted a few of them and wrote up better syntax for the ones I kept so I could better understand the data coming into GA (I created all the tags just a day and a half before that, so nothing of value has been lost). However, after this change none of the triggers are firing (checking real time events in GA) or being detected by Chrome's Dev Tools.

When I go to Versions --> Actions --> Preview (of the Live, Latest version that I have published on my site), GTM Preview shows all the tags are recording and firing properly. But for some reason it seems like that latest version (that preview shows is working) isn't the version that is on the site, despite GTM saying it is.

Site:

Note: the GTM tag is just above the closing </body> tag because the website builder is Duda, and they only allow for global insertion of code there. However, this exact system was working just 2 days ago and preview seems to show everything is ok so I don't think it's a problem.

Thanks,
Ryan
1 Expert replyverified_user

Made a New Version in Google Tag Manager and Now None of My Tags Are Showing Up (or Firing)

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Ryan,

It would be difficult to know by just looking at your website.  Might I suggest you pop in on the king of all things GTM, Simo Ahava.  He has a post to walk you through deciphering changes:

https://www.simoahava.com/gtm-tips/debug-change-history-gtm/

That said, GTM should clearly tell you which version is live and you could always just regress to an earlier version and make that live again.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn