Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Landing page report without any parameters

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! I would like to see landing page report without any parameters.

BESIDES using "Exclude URL Query Parameters" in View Settings, is there any way to show such a report?

I am thinking to set a custom dimension to hold location.pathname only when the referral doesn't include our own domains. Or is there any easier or better way to do this?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @ritea,

Using a session scope custom dimension is a very good idea. With this was, you can keep the query parameters(in case you need them sometime) and you can create a report that only has the landing pages without query parameters. If you choose this way, please keep in mind that your custom dimension will have last assigned value. This means you should assign your custom dimension's value only in the first page view and not again.

Alternatively, If you want to get rid of query parameters from your reports totally, you can create a view filter. Please refer to this link for the instructions: link

I hope this helps

Regards

Re: Landing page report without any parameters

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Güney K, thank you for your quick response, confirmation and additional tips!

Please let me ask you one more time if okay. In order to judge if it's a landing page, do you think checking that document.referrer doesn't contain my own domain (i.e. abc.com) is good enough?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I kind of figured it out.

Difference between Entrances and Sessions

https://support.google.com/360suite/analytics/answer/2956047?hl=en

What I wanted to do is to see the number of entries of each page. According to the help above, I think I can simply use "Entrances" metric on the Page Title report. This way, the same page will be aggregated in a single dimension. Meanwhile, I'll set a custom dimension of "location.pathname" with session scope as well in case I need it for the future. Thank you!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ritea
July

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

@ritea You're welcome! I am happy that your problem is solved Smiley Happy

Yes, you can use Entrances together with page Title dimension. About the custom dimension; yes, using "location.pathname" will help since it will not contain the query parameters.