Analytics
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Issues using Google analytics on ioffer.com store

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Im having an issue with not receiving data from my ioffer.com store. I spoke with ioffer and they claim everything is good on there end however I have 0 traffic. They said to contact Google. I have sent multiple data tests through analytic admin but still not registering any traffic. Also installed tag assistant and the GA bug plugin. Any help would be greatly apprecitated Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Frank O
February 2016

Re: Issues using Google analytics on ioffer.com store

Top Contributor
# 15
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
It should work, but I have seen instances where it has stopped working on sites for whatever reason and updating it to the current version has fixed the issue.

Is The site address entered correctly in the website url option in the Property and View Setting pages?
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Frank, a link to your website will be helpful with troubleshooting

Thanks
Bronwyn :-)
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Also, the tag assistant is giving a red message saying No HTTP response detected. I've disabled all plugins, tried a different web browsers, and tried on the mobile app and still nothing. I also went as far as trashing my first tracking code and tried a new second tracking code.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Frank :-)

Usually a no http response can result from an incorrectly entered website url in the Property and/or View setting pages.
eg entering the website url with a www when the domain name doesnt have a www or vice versa

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi :-)

Is your Tracking ID UA-73084767-1
If so, how does the tracking code get added to the website?
Do you add the script or do their settings just ask for the tracking id, and then their system adds the script.. or some other method?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, yes that is my tracking ID.
Ioffer has a store preference section were they have a box to input your tracking code. Ioffer advertises this feature to their store owners. I do not add the script directly. I was curious if I could, but do I need to be a web developer to do that on my own?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
When I do the "send test traffic" on the admin page, my website displays correctly but when I go to real time overview it still shows a 0 Smiley Sad

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Frank, just to clarify,
do you need to paste the tracking script into their input box or just the tracking id number?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No script, just the tracking id.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
How long ago did you set it up? It can often take 24hrs or so before it will start collecting it data
Some platforms can take up to a week for data to start reporting.

Just looking at the code their system puts into the pages, its an older version of tracking code.,
(Prior May 2010)