Analytics
6.9K members online now
6.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Issues having Google Analytics tracking code AND Google Tag Manager script installed

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to install google analytics/google tag manager code on a wordpress site. I am doing it like usual pasting the code in header.php file and also trying to install it via a plugin. when i hit save and test with tag assistant, the tag assistant is not showing up any of the id. if anyone have solution to this problem please share

1 Expert replyverified_user

Issues having Google Analytics tracking code AND Google Tag Manager script installed

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Can you share your URL?

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

hi, 

here it is: http://shirt4u.co.il/

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

i have added the tag manager code in header.php file in head section but nothing shows up in tag assistant.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Nothing is showing in the source code either.

This means that your changes are not live.

You need to check that you are editing the correct template/file.

Too many years have passed since I have done anything with WP that I cannot help you more on that side. Have you tried any of the plugins?

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

yes, i have tried installing with plugins, both GA and GTM. the template file is correct and this is the second wordpress website i am having issue with. I think the new wordpress update has changed things and it needs a hook system to insert files but i am not sure yet. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Try Duracell Tomis GTM Plugin for Wordpress. That one is working for me on the newest WP Version.