Analytics
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Issues having Google Analytics tracking code AND Google Tag Manager script installed

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I have a Google Analytics tracking script AND Google Tag Manager tracking scripts installed on my site.

Will my Google Analytics data get affected by having both tracking scripts in place?

I would appreciate any insight.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bryan S
June

Issues having Google Analytics tracking code AND Google Tag Manager script installed

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Bryan S,

In addition to @Tomasz_C's answer (which pretty much sums it up for you), there's a very comprehensive and great article here: https://www.simoahava.com/analytics/ga-snippet-and-ga-gtm-tag-on-the-same-page/, that pretty much explains everything you need to know about co-existing GA and GTM tracking on the same page.

Hope this helps.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

You can have GTM and Google Analytics tracking scripts on your website at the same time and it does not have any negative impact on tracking data. But it will be better to implement all tags via GTM.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bryan S
June

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Bryan S,

In addition to @Tomasz_C's answer (which pretty much sums it up for you), there's a very comprehensive and great article here: https://www.simoahava.com/analytics/ga-snippet-and-ga-gtm-tag-on-the-same-page/, that pretty much explains everything you need to know about co-existing GA and GTM tracking on the same page.

Hope this helps.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thank you for the response. I appreciate it.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thank you, Nicky! I appreciate it.