Analytics
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Is there a benefit to installing GA via GTM versus native Shopify ecom integration?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When tracking a Shopify ecommerce store, is there a benefit to integrating GA via Google Tag Manager, versus the native Shopify integration (which is simply regular Universal Analytics)?

In particular my curiosity stems from very recently upgrading to an ajax cart, and most native-anything's don't play well with ajax carts and usually need custom code.

Re: Is there a benefit to installing GA via GTM versus native Shopify ecom integration?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
By itself, you will not notice a significant difference between setting up Google Analytics with or without GTM in Shopify. However, if you ever interested in adding Google AdWords, DoubleClick, Adometry, AdRoll, Google Trusted Stores, or something simple like event tracking then using Tag Manager should save you some work down the road.

If you are curious about events and ajax, I would suggest reviewing this resource: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033068#Implementation