Analytics
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to get each visit report by Client Id with Google Analytics Api?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

Looking at the report, I can visit the content showed in User Explorer. Is it possible to get each visit report by Client Id with Google Analytics Api, and how?

Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 6.21.37 PM.png

Thank you in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Beck W
June 2016

Re: Is it possible to get each visit report by Client Id with Google Analytics Api?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Beck,

As of now, clientId is not exposed as a segmentable dimension nor is it available in the API as of yet.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Beck W
June 2016

Re: Is it possible to get each visit report by Client Id with Google Analytics Api?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Beck,

As of now, clientId is not exposed as a segmentable dimension nor is it available in the API as of yet.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your response!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Trying to understand why? I am using Google Data Studio to build reports (source being Google Analytics) but without the Client ID, I have to find weird workarounds. Is there a security reason by Client ID is not exposed ?

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi Sridhar,

For now, if you need it for some reason (the normal use case is to store it in GA and elsewhere and use it to mash up data sets), then you'll need to harvest it and store it as a custom dimension.

There is no why, it just isn't.  Until recently, it wasn't exposed anywhere.  The path is to eventually have it and expose it as a true first class dimension and to have it available in the API.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Connect on LinkedIn