AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Invalid Scheme + deleted property just won't go away.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,  I have an old Property (previously deleted) that won't go away.  It is displayed with a "strikeThrough" line (as well as the corresponding view.  Worse... it keeps popping up as my default property and I think that is why I'm also receiving an error message every time I enter GA.  The error message is "Invalid Scheme".  

I have to go into Admin to select the new view (the one without the strikethrough line) and the problem goes away.  Until I come back the next day and go into GA again. 

How can I remove that property permanently so that GA stops defaulting to it.  

Thanks in advance!

PS.. I posted this on another GA forum.  Received 40 views but no replies.  So I'm trying it again here.

Re: Invalid Scheme + deleted property just won't go away.

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Important: Your property, and all the reporting views in the property, will be permanently deleted 35 days after being moved to the Trash Can. Once deleted, the property is gone, and we are not be able to retrieve any historical data or reinstate your reports.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1042032?hl=en

Re: Invalid Scheme + deleted property just won't go away.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks, but that was not my original question. Question... when I delete a property how can I permanently delete it so that I don't have to wait the 35 days!. It's clutter and results in unnecessary clicks and navigation to get around that clutter. Thanks,!!!