Analytics
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Internal Site Search not populating

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to set up GA to report on my internal site search data, but am not seeing it populate the analytics. My site search URL takes the form https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/search/?q=test&page=1 where "test" is the search term. This can be filtered down to a category which would then modify the url to have the form https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/search/?q=test&page=1&gc_type=action where "action" is the category.

I have set up the Site Search Settings as per the below screen shot, and have had this running for a week now, but am still not seeing any data populate into the Site Search section of the analytics view. Is there something I've missed in the set up?

Screen Shot 2016-01-18 at 12.03.38.png

Re: Internal Site Search not populating

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
It looks ok, but you might consider leaving the parameters instead of stripping them. If you leave them in you can use regex to get more insights on the search stats yourself while you troubleshoot.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Oren,

Would having that turned on account for the lack of any data being populated into the GA view?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Guy - it looks like you have customized your analytics snippet incorrectly to hard code your page tracking on your search page

it says this in your tracking snippet

ga('set', 'page', window.location.pathname);

Just revert your tracking snippet back to the version recommended in your google analytics account or
(recommended solution) - > delete your current snippet and implement it via Google Tag manager and it will work fine.