Analytics
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Implementing code to my website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I have set up a Google analytics account and I have the code I need to track my users. I just am not sure where to add this. I did already add it to all my tabs... such as my home, reviews, food, etc. pages I made in Blogger. Should I implement it on every post I make as well? Because I was thinking if someone were to visit my Facebook page and click on a link, it will take you to a specific post. Would that get added to my user list? Or, would it not as they were getting referred to a specific post, and not going to my website directly from.. say a google search. I just want to make sure I account for all the hits I get on my website.

Thanks for any and all help!

Kim

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Implementing code to my website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kim :-)
Just to clarify.. is your website created on the blogger platform?
If so, blogger has its own method for installing google analytics.
Pls remove any code you have added to individual static pages or posts etc in blogger
And go to the blogger Settings > Other and input the tracking id from your
tracking code (UA Number) into the provided field and then save the settings change.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi! Thank you so much for your help! Yes, I am using the blogger platform. Thank you soooooooo much! I will fix it right now!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You're welcome :-)
Blogger uses a template system. So, adding the tracking id to the blogger settings will ensure it gets added on all pages and posts by the blogger system
in the correct manner :-)
Keep in mind it may take 24hrs or so for data to start appearing in the analytics reports.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for your help! :-) Just to double check... using the whole # including the "UA" would be accurate to insert into this field? Thank you again!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kim -
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Yes, the whole number including the UA is correct :-)
Should be in a similar format to UA-XXXXXXXX-Y

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Perfect, all set! Thank you! :-) Have a wonderful evening. :-)))))

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I dont know,I signed up under wealthy Affilliates.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.