Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Implementing Event tracking code for successful logged in users & for login failed users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello ,

I am trying to track number of successful & failed login attempts with Universal analytics. I need to check for authenticated & anonymous users.The authenticated users are stored in database. so how i can fetch and define Custom variable for each of those users stored in database. 

I tried this code , but not working.

ga('set', '&uid', {{USER_ID}});
ga('send', 'event', 'Login and Signup', 'Login Success', '{{Facebook, Twitter or Onsite}}', {
'dimension1': '{{USER_ID}}', //For seeing User-ID (If Privacy Policy Supports)
'dimension2': 'Yes', //Cohort for Registered User
'dimension3': '{{Facebook, Twitter or Onsite}}', //Dimension for Login/Signup Source
'metric4': '1', //Metric for Logins
});

Can you help me please??  I am grateful for your answers......

Re: Implementing Event tracking code for successful logged in users & for login failed users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Vijay,

Do you want to track the number of successful/unsuccessful login attempts or segment your site visitors into logged-in vs. anonymous?

If the former, you don't need custom dimensions as far as I can tell, instead you can track those via events and then setup those events as goals to be able to see the %.
Alternatively, if you have specific pages for successful and unsuccessful logins, then you can use their URLs in your goal setup.