AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Implementing Event Tracking Code in Wordpress for Banner Ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am taking over a wordpress website and having difficulty tracking ad events for our advertisers. I have a basic understanding of the code required to track events. One of our ad spots is managed directly in the header.php in wordpress.

headerphp-screenshot.PNG

The other banner ad uses a content slider plugin and therefore I don't know how to implement the code as the only available fields are src and link:content-slide-screenshot.PNG

I need to be able to track the banner ads in the content slider in the same fashion as I track the ones managed through the header.php file via google analytics.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I'm a bit confused re the event tracking.

Does your site use the current version of the tracking code.. Universal analytics -  analytics.js?

Reason i ask, is because the code in the first image is event tracking syntax for the previous version of tracking code Async ga.js

There is a code comparison in the Upgrade/migration docs

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/upgrade/reference/gajs-analyticsjs#even...

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have absolutely no idea because I am the designer, the programmer left unexpectedly and am just trying to get the analytics for our advertisers in the interim.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

are you able to provide a link to the site 

Thanks

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭