Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Implemented Events on Backend, Traffic source cannot be tracked

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've implemented several Events on my website on the Backend for more accuracy , as Events are not onClick based they on Success Signup or login.

Events are working fine and counts correctly on real time but I can't track source of traffic of each event happened 

all traffic sources counts under direct/none 

It's like GA can't track sources in the backend and reflect results on Google Analytics dashboard

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 9.31.01 AM.png

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Mohammad

Is Measurement Protocol used? If so, I think that you should assign to the cid parameter (Client ID) for each user. The cid parameter to be sent to your web server with cookie "_ga". However, when assigning, it is necessary to convert only the last two components among the components separated by dots (for example: if _ga=GA1.1234567.987654 then cid is 1234567.987654).

In currently, cid is transmitted with different values, so it is recognized as a different user. Houeve,r by doing as described above, it is recognized as the same user's behavior.

Thanks,

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Following Yamada's post,

you'd also need value from gclid= parameter to be sent within backend events to properly attribute Adwords campaigns if you use them.