Analytics
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Implementation of 2 different Analytics codes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the code for two different Analytics implemented on my site.

Each code appears only once on each page - I have checked this in the site code, and yet:

* Google Tag Assistant shows "Same web property ID is tracked twice" for the first property - and the data for it shows <%1 bounce rate.

* Google Tag Assistant shows "No HTTP response detected" for the second property - and the account doesn't show any data.

Why would this be? How can I fix it?

Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Focus,

You have to use a named tracker if you want to use two different accounts or properties.  If you are using Universal, you can follow this guide:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/creating-trackers#working_w...

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi @Focus, can you share the URL of your site.

For the first issue "duplicated code" you might have the GA code inserted directly plus another instance through Google Tag Manager or in an Iframe.

I recommend you to remove all codes GA and GTM and install them again copying directly from your admin section in the <head> section of the site, sometimes a missing/extra character is the problem.

https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/?pli=1#management/Settings/

Hope it helps

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me