Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Implement GA USER-ID tracking via Google Tag Manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Spoiler
Hi everyone. I'm curious to know if anyone has easy to follow guides to implementing Google Analytics USER-ID tracking in Google Tag Manager? I believe my implementation plan could do with improving.

Many thanks in advance.
Craig
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Implement GA USER-ID tracking via Google Tag Manager

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Craig,

It's pretty straightforward with GTM. Did you have any specific questions or issues you are facing? Perhaps the hardest part is getting your developers to surface that unique user ID through the dataLayer in order for GTM to utilise.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nicky,

Our dev guys are pretty switched on. <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Please note it is counter to our Community Guidelines to either offer or request assistance outside the forum, and/or to provide your contact information in a forum post. The Community Guidelines may be referenced via the link towards the bottom right of the page.

Cheers,
Craig

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Craig, <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Please note it is counter to our Community Guidelines to either offer or request assistance outside the forum, and/or to provide your contact information in a forum post. The Community Guidelines may be referenced via the link towards the bottom right of the page. 
--
Nicky Yuen
----------------------------------------------------

<edited by a Community Manager as noted above>

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Nicky.  <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Please note it is counter to our Community Guidelines to either offer or request assistance outside the forum, and/or to provide your contact information in a forum post. The Community Guidelines may be referenced via the link towards the bottom right of the page.