Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

I have the wrong tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the wrong tracking code on my account. How can I change tracking code back to original one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wendy B
April 2016

Re: I have the wrong tracking code

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Wendy,

I am going to assume what you are really saying is that the Google Analytics account that you are viewing displays a different tracking ID from your actual website/mobile device. By default, the tracking Id is immutable, so double check that you do have the correct access to the right property, or you may simply change the website/mobile device to use your existing tracking Id you see in your Property Setting.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wendy B
April 2016

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Wendy,

I am going to assume what you are really saying is that the Google Analytics account that you are viewing displays a different tracking ID from your actual website/mobile device. By default, the tracking Id is immutable, so double check that you do have the correct access to the right property, or you may simply change the website/mobile device to use your existing tracking Id you see in your Property Setting.

Cheers,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I changed the website to use the existing tracking ID but will take up to a week to show data...was hoping to avoid that. Thank you David

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
If you publish the change on your website right now, it shouldn't take a week for data to start going into your GA property. In fact, you can try leveraging the real-time report to check if the new tracking is working as expected. If you meant that the website update will not be pushed until a week later, then there isn't much we can do, but to hand out good old cookies to your web developers Smiley Happy

Glad to be of help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It is working. Thanks so much!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Awesome! (Always a good day when you can keep cookies to yourself)