AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

I have the wrong tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the wrong tracking code on my account. How can I change tracking code back to original one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wendy B
April 2016

Re: I have the wrong tracking code

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Wendy,

I am going to assume what you are really saying is that the Google Analytics account that you are viewing displays a different tracking ID from your actual website/mobile device. By default, the tracking Id is immutable, so double check that you do have the correct access to the right property, or you may simply change the website/mobile device to use your existing tracking Id you see in your Property Setting.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wendy B
April 2016

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Wendy,

I am going to assume what you are really saying is that the Google Analytics account that you are viewing displays a different tracking ID from your actual website/mobile device. By default, the tracking Id is immutable, so double check that you do have the correct access to the right property, or you may simply change the website/mobile device to use your existing tracking Id you see in your Property Setting.

Cheers,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I changed the website to use the existing tracking ID but will take up to a week to show data...was hoping to avoid that. Thank you David

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
If you publish the change on your website right now, it shouldn't take a week for data to start going into your GA property. In fact, you can try leveraging the real-time report to check if the new tracking is working as expected. If you meant that the website update will not be pushed until a week later, then there isn't much we can do, but to hand out good old cookies to your web developers Smiley Happy

Glad to be of help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It is working. Thanks so much!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Awesome! (Always a good day when you can keep cookies to yourself)