AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

How to track multiple domains(ADSENSE) via Google analytics?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

How to track multiple domains via Google analytics?

Suppose if i have multiple domains hosted in a single adsense account.Now if i want to track the adsense performance for each domain in a single google analytics account how can i do that?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
did you refer to the help docs about how to do this?
https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/6090824?hl=en&ref_topic=23415

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Thanks for the reply.

IN THE SECONDARY/ADDITIONAL ADSENSE DOMAINS if i approach like this below is it ok, if i want to see multiple sites in a single views of GA?

<html>
<head>
put ga normal analytics code of the secondary domain/additional domain
</head>

<body>

<script type="text/javascript>
window.google_analytics_uacct = "UA-1234567";//THE PRIMARY DOMAIN YOU WANT TO TRANSFER YOUR ADSENSE  STATS

adsense ad code

</body>

</html>

** the secondcode is adsens anaytics account which is special..

but my recommendation is to link single ga account with single associated adsense(primary domain) account so things will not mesh up and no additional 2nd part of code is required..

in case of youtube you can add multiple youtube channel to one adsense account you can see data collectively in adsense account.individual youtube video data in youtube analytics revenue report analytics more precisey.but how much you will get the final payment info you have to see adsense account.

****in case of websites you can also add mulitple sites in single adsense account and you can see performance of each sites in adsens in sites section how much each site earn.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Can you please link to the help documentation you are referencing.

Sorry, im not finding any information in regards to the 2nd piece of code you are mentioning and want to find out more about it.

To the best of my knowledge, no extra code is required when linking adsense domains to analytics properties/views, it is all done via the interface
https://support.google.com/adsense/topic/1320584?hl=en&ref_topic=1250111

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Then my question is suppose if i add multiple domains in my 1 adsense account then link it to a google analytics view how can different domains show up in that google analytics report?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

You can put the same tracking code on more than one website and then you can create Views and create and apply hostname filters if you are wanting to seperate out the traffic by domain into seperate Views

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks

Just tell me if i am correct or not below:

For example say I have 1 adsense account where i have 3 sites added in it.

Now i have a single ga account where i want to see only adsense data for the 3 domains not the analytics data of those 3 domains listed in the adsense account as each of the domains have their own analytics account.

Now if i put the same adense ad code in the 3 domains and then come to my anaytics account where i want to see the collective data and then create different views and apply hostname filter as you mentioned will it work?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I dont know.
I have a feeling Im not understanding your question correctly. I apologise if that is the case

According to the Linking FAQ page 
- Can I integrate multiple AdSense properties with one Analytics web property?
Yes, you can integrate multiple Adsense properties with one Analytics web property.

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/6089284?hl=en&ref_topic=1385757

The only other info i was able to find easily was the following

How properties and views relate to AdSense reporting in Analytics
You must select an AdSense property: When you integrate your AdSense property with Analytics, you'll be linking it to a Google Analytics web property.

AdSense reporting shows for one view at a time: If you display AdSense ads on multiple domains, you'll see AdSense reporting in Analytics for only a single view at a time (and therefore, a single domain).

Enabling one view to report across multiple domains: To view AdSense reporting across multiple domains in a single view, you'll need to take some additional steps to set up your tracking code.

Maybe someone on the Adsense help forum would be able to give you more specific information

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I understand now.

The thing is the general convention is to associate a single adsense account(which has single website) with a single google analytics account/view which shows data data of a single domain at a single time which is accurate.

Now the trick is if you have multiple domains in the adsense account you can only report a single domain associated with a single analytics account regardless the no of domain associated with it  in case of adsense.

If you want to see multiple domain data in a single view in analytics your all domains must contain the same google analytics code and adsense adcode present.Then u can set up hostname level filter to see the different domains

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello My another question is, suppose i am only monetizing a youtube channel in my adsense account.Now can i add another website in the same adsense account and monetize both (youtube channel+website) in that account?