Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

How to track file uploads in Google Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How should I start tracking file uploads in Google Analytics?
Example: A user logs in to my website and upload his/her photo.I want to track how many users have uploaded their photo.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aritra M
February 2016

Re: How to track file uploads in Google Analytics?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Aritra,

Using events is a plain simple way to know, how many have actually clicked on the upload button. But, if you want to track successful photo uploads (usually comes with restrictions on dimensions and formats), you need to use custom dimension like photo uploaded with values yes or no.

You can create a user level scope Custom Dimension so that even you can able to analyze the behavior of logged in users who uploaded the photo & who aren't.

Refer here for more instructions on implementation

Cheers!

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Aritra,

You can fire an event on a successful file upload. Please check the document below about events.

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/events

Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aritra M
February 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Aritra,

Using events is a plain simple way to know, how many have actually clicked on the upload button. But, if you want to track successful photo uploads (usually comes with restrictions on dimensions and formats), you need to use custom dimension like photo uploaded with values yes or no.

You can create a user level scope Custom Dimension so that even you can able to analyze the behavior of logged in users who uploaded the photo & who aren't.

Refer here for more instructions on implementation

Cheers!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi ..

is there a way to track step by step for a file upload ?

for example for a video upload i need to track start, in progress, complete for each video so that in real time i can check how many videos are in-progress, how many completed etc ..

i tried but came to know that once a data entered analytics it can't be altered or deleted .. so, for a particular video it's showing 3 states  even though upload is completed.

any idea how to achieve it ?

Thanks in advance..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

dnsrecord to be added to my account for me to use the email id purchased for the company. I am fed up of writing so many mails but absolutely no response. I did not know that Google is so irresponsible even to acknowledge