Analytics
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

How to setup goal for two different domains in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, I want to track conversions from 2 different domains with GA. I have setup everything as suggested in cross-domain tracking here and also implemented the changes as suggested here and all works I see the data coming in the campaigns tab, keywords, ads etc all its recorded EXCEPT the conversions. I have tried to fix this for weeks now, and nothing have worked so far, if anyone could help me do this it will be greatly appreciated. Also please don't make me share my domains here, I would be more than happy to share everything but with the person who wants to help, because I am currently running a paid campaign and I wouldn't like random visits from the forum. 

Thank you in advance Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to setup goal for two different domains in Google Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

What type of goals do you have set up? If they are destination goals, make sure you use the same page paths as they are recorded under Behavior -> Site Content -> All Pages. If you can share more information about your goal settings that would be great. Thanks

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Arnold, thank you for your quick response! This is my goal setup. I modified it according to this post here as advised:

Goal setup1.png2441

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

Your cross domain tracking should be fine.
As I mentioned above, for the destination goal you need to use a page path that is recorded in Behavior -> Site Content -> All Pages, or a regular expression that matches a page. The value you used is not valid for the destination field. How is your goal destination pages recorded in the reports?

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital