Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

How to remove the GA tracking code to switch to GTM

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I used to track with the yoast plugin for wordpress. Decided to switch to GTag Manager but although removed the plugin the GA tracking code is still in my site. Any ideas on how to remove it.

I am seeing my tracking id in the source code but cannot find it when going to Editor of Wordpress. Yoast does not provide any support even though the tracking code was installed from their plugin. 

Site www.mywonderlist.com

thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to remove the GA tracking code to switch to GTM

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

did you follow their uninstall procedure:
http://kb.yoast.com/article/220-how-can-i-uninstall-my-plugin

There were also some confusion among general public, when I googled it, which Yoast plugin produces the code. Do you have other Yoast plugins installed?
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Re: How to remove the GA tracking code to switch to GTM

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Antti
thanks for getting back to me.
Yes I have properly uninstall their plugin (also deleted some files from wp_options table as they suggest)
I do use the SEO by Yoast plugin but i do not think that it has anything to do with the GA tracking. Does it?