Analytics
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

How to fix Pending verification?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 
I have transferred to a custom domain and added a new property in analytics but now I am facing this error that "Property is not receiving hits Pending verification". I have already put the code above </body> and now 6-7 days have passed. Now what should I do?
Please help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Have you tried moving the tracking code to the default installation position of just before the closing </head> tag rather than the closing </body> tag.

Once you do this then the google system should be able to find the code to verify it is installed.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

please check 
www.etestandadmission.pk

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I'm not seeing any issue with the tracking code..

1) make sure you are checking GA reports for property UA-57409432-2
2) Make sure there are no filters applied to the View (might erroneously exclude data that should be tracked)
3) Is the custom domain setup properly to redirect correctly from the blogspot url to the custom domain name?
4) Is the GA property settings and view settings correctly configured for the custom domain name (not the blogspot address)

5) Have you verified ownership of the custom domain name in Search Console 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Have you also verified for http://etestandadmission.pk in Search Console?
Usually you need to verify the www and non-www and then configure the preferred domain in Search Console (in this instance the preferred domain would be with the www)

Do you have more than one View?
To check the filters for each View.. please see the linked info in the help docs, 

To add existing filters to or remove them from a view
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034823#add_existing_filters_to_or_remove_them_from_a_vi...

Also while you are logged into the GA interface.. go to the Tracking Code section, and in the bit where your tracking code is.. click the button to send test data and see if you can see it in the Real Time reports in GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes only in webmaster search console

Real Time in GA is working fine but don't know about this error

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Also.. just to clarify.. even though you are seeing an error in the interface . are you seeing data being tracked in the GA reports?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes I am seeing data in GA Reports

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

The errors in GA interface are sometimes false positives. If GA is tracking as expected, then you should be able to click on the error and mark it as resolved and/or choose to ignore it. I have a feeling you are seeing that due to the change of address etc that is pending.

I'm not sure what further options you will or wont have in Search Console at this stage due to the pending change of address. If you have further questions re Search Console then best place to ask would be on the webmaster central help forum as they specialize in Search Console
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

yes I think so also I should make a new property and check in that?

I have transferred to a custom domain and google is still indexing old to new site.