Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

How to copy and paste the Universal Analytics tracking code into every web page I you want to track

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried to copy and paste the tracking code to every page I would like to track, however, I failed to do so.

I right clicked on below the web page and select page source but failed to copy the code in it.

May I ask for help to do that in an example to follow the procedure in the future.

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to copy and paste the Universal Analytics tracking code into every web page I you want to track

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @mohammed j

you need to be able to actually access the site code.
This would usually be done by downloading the site pages via ftp, editing them in a text editor and then uploading them back to the server.

Some site hosting such as wix, or google sites, offer settings that allow you to add the tracking code snippet or just the tracking id..removing any need of editing the site code itself.

eta.. how do you usually make changes to the content on your website?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here