AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

How to check source/medium in collect pixel?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! One of my websites is not registering organic visits, probably due to some poorly built redirects. I would like to make sure, however, that the data for sessions marked with a utm_source, utm_campaing and utm_medium are being corrected measured. Back in the day of classica analytics I could open the console, go to network and search for the parameters in __utm. Some were I would find a parameters in the request with the value for the utm_source, campaing and medium. But now, when I search the collect request, there is just no parameters for traffic sources. Is there a way to know that they are being collected, with out looking in Google Analytics? In other words, is it possible to look at the collect request and see what traffic sources are being sent? Thankyou

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to check source/medium in collect pixel?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi, Ciro S,

Perhaps this documentation will help you: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/protocol/v1/parameters#trafficsources.

It shows the name which parameters go by, eg. Campaign Name = cn, Campaign Medium = cm, Campaign Keyword = ck, etc.

Hope this helps.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Re: How to check source/medium in collect pixel?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nicky, thank you for your answer. I´m aware of the parameter values, however I can not find them in the collect request. I do know that the values for traffic source are being passed, because I can see the sessions on Google Analytics´ Real Time Report. See the print below.

Capturar.PNGCollect Request

As I understand, I should be able to see the parameters for traffic source in the request, but they are just not there. I´ve done this test for a variety of site and the result is the same. Am I looking at the wrong place? Am I doing something wrong?

Thank You