Analytics
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

How to avoid double counting via google tag manager?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi GA experts,

I am trying to find a way to avoid double courting via google tag manager for the website navigation bar below. Site visitor can select News, marked as 3, and Most downloaded, marked as 4, then, the content matched to the selection criteria will be shown on the website.    The URL address could be below www.123.com.tw/searchresult/news-mostdownloads/  If I only want to view the event results by category and by ranking severalty and using tag manager trigger setup, then I will have double counting issues. I wonder if there are any alternatives available in google tag manager to avoid double counting in reports.... Please advice. Thank youqa2.JPGdouble counting

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to avoid double counting via google tag manager?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If I change the category will 'New' be the default content? In other words I do not have to select Ranking before some content is shown?

What if you combine the selection into one event:

'I click on Sports (and New is opened by default)'

Category: Navbar

Action: Sports

Label: New

'Now I want to see most downloaded in Sports Category'

Category: Navbar

Action: Sports

Label: Most downloaded

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.