Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

How do you use Google Analytics API to display number of visitors right now?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to use the API to display the current number of visitors on our site right now. I want to take this number and display it in our office lobby on a screen.

I have looked at the API documentation for a long time and it's complicated and confusing. Does anyone know of an example or document which covers this specific task?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do you use Google Analytics API to display number of visitors right now?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Richee,

It all depends on how your going to consume the data and display it. Getting it is relatively straightforward (for a good API developer) via the Realtime API; that said it was in beta and not sure if it's open at this point.

In any case you'll need a developer familiar with API's to set up the OAuth and fetch the data for you.

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/realtime/v3/reference/

You'll then need them to take the response from the API and translate that into something that is usable.

If you don't have a developer then consider just setting up a Dashboard using realtime widgets and just display that data.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn