Analytics
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

How do I tagg blocks on same page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am doing some up/cross sales implementations in a e-shop. But it seems I can't tagg the up or cross sale block, because if a customer has put products in basket that's in the header, this gets included in the report for the up or cross sale.

So I can't find out how or if Analytics can be used for specific blocks on the same page?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I tagg blocks on same page?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Are you showing up and cross sells in the same block and you would like to see which one is clicked?
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Not in the same block. But we might have one cross and one up sale block on the same page. On checkout page we only put one block with cross sale. Little like all the Ebay, Amazon etc. does.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Then those blocks should have unique identifiers like id or class that you can hook on with Google Tag Manager or JQuery to launch event uniquely based on what block user clicked. You could also add onclick event to both of those blocks that would send event to GA with unique values per block...
--

Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If you can explain this with simple example? As you said will it be possible to track revenue or sales generated from these blocks? As in some case if we already have some products in cart, then in that case will it be possible to track sales generated by these blocks separately?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
<div id=cross-sell onClick=”_gaq.push([‘_trackEvent’, ‘cross-sell’, ‘click’, ‘product-name’]);”>
</div>

<div id=up-sell onClick=”_gaq.push([‘_trackEvent’, ‘up-sell’, ‘click’, ‘product-name’]);”>
</div>

This is the most basic example with classic GA (I don't know which version you are using but you can find Universal GA event tracking guide from here
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/events )

Then you would just create segment of those who clicked cross-sell / up-sell elements and check how much revenue is generated through those sessions.

Amount of work needed and the implementation depends on the level of information you want to get out. I can most likely get it working from start to finish but that requires some more involvement and information about your environment...
--

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the help I am testing your suggestion now. <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager. Per Community Posting Guidelines, we ask Community Members to neither ask for nor offer assistance outside of the Community itself. Thanks for your understanding.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Mats,

Like Buzz noted I can help you here step by step. And we (Rising Starts and Top Contributors) do it for the passion and with the time available outside the normal routines of work and family.

If there are some details that you don't wish to share publicly you can privately message me.
--

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I can see that this method only shows how many transactions, and not conversion etc. So I need a solution showing more data.