AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

How can I get In Page analytics to show a cross-domain click?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I've got a CTA that leads to another website (which is actually set up for cross domain analytics).

The CTA is the orange "try Rosenbek's hierarchy" on this page.

I can set up a virtual page to be sent via .js in the click event.

But was not sure that would cause it to show up since it seems  that in-page analytics is just looking at the hyperlink and comparing it to known traffic.

1 Expert replyverified_user

How can I get In Page analytics to show a cross-domain click?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Mr Analogy,

Historically the href had to actually point to a page on your site in order for the data to be shown on in-page.  That said, I have not tried it in a long, long time - pretty much since event tracking came along.

I know it wont dran on - in page but event tracking (using beacon) should give you a accurate picture of how many people are using that CTA.

More on event tracking here:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/events#outbound_link_and_fo...

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn