Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

How can I find all the UTM links pointing to my domain?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can see UTM campaigns/sources in my GA account that other people from my organization created long before I took over, but didn't record them anywhere.

Some of them are showing as being sent from the home page of my organization website, which they are not as I control that content.

How and where can I find (and possibly disable) those links/parameters to clean up my reporting in GA?

Is there a way to list or delete them and show me where they are coming from (aside from referral path)?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Cameron,

I'd suggest setting up a flat-table custom report with the following dimensions: landing page, default channel grouping, source/medium, campaign, full referrer. Then, filter for your UTM campaigns, or look for non-standard source/medium values from UTM campaigns to get an overview.

Note that UTM campaigns should always originate from external sources. So, in case of UTM tagging on your own website (for example homepage banners) these tagging should be removed. External tagging can be only removed  when the source of the campaign is still active. Otherwise the data is stored in users' cookies and (in case of no other marketing touch point) reappear in the reports every time such users return to the website.

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks very much, Christoph.

Is there any way to show the domain/URL of the referrer?

Full Referrer is showing the campaign "source" variable, but I'd like to see the actual referring domain.

Thoughts?

Cameron