Analytics
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

How Can I Stop Tracking Pages That Don't Exist and Ignoring Pages That Do?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

By choosing: "Behavior" -> "Site Content" -> "All Pages"

The "Page" heading lists only 29 pages. When there are many more pages that include the tracking code. Both the page named "/" and "/index.htm" are listed there. The page named "/" clearly isn't an actual page. So I've been trying to understand:

1. Why is there a listing for page named "/" when there is not actually a page there?
2. Can I merge the data to the home page "/index.htm" ?
3. Even though the tracking code is on all of the pages, why is it only tracking 29 pages?

GoogleAnalyticsDuiTampaBay_.png

Re: How Can I Stop Tracking Pages That Don't Exist and Ignoring Pages That Do?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi WF Casey,

Ad.1 There is a listing of "/" and "/index.html" because your visitor enter it te way www.example.com and not www.example.com/index.html. The latter is your internal redirection. That's why you see it seperately.

Ad. 2 You can merge it in Administration -> View settings. There you can find field "Default page". Just enter index.htm there and it should work like a charm. Screenshot: http://imgur.com/vPaxtxW

Ad. 3 If you are absolutely sure that code is on all pages and it's working then the only explanation is that the rest were just not visited. I checked your page and it seems that every page that I opened is properly tracked.