Analytics
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Historical data suddenly stopped

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I'm using Google Analytics on a high traffic website. Today something weird happened:

Analytics doesn't show any sessions/pageviews happening since a couple of hours. That's weird, because in real-time I see lots of active sessions.

Analytics shows only real-time info, but no historical data about sessions that occured after 4 pm today.

I didn't change the tracking code, nor any of the filters.

Does anyone have a clue what could be the cause?

Thanks!
Antoine

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author broadcastscience
January 2016

Re: Historical data suddenly stopped

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Most GA reports are based off of processed data. Sometimes the processing slows down. Some processes happen overnight. Google suggest you wait 24 hours before you can fully trust the metrics presented. Usually the numbers appear sooner rather than later, but that's not always the case.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author broadcastscience
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Most GA reports are based off of processed data. Sometimes the processing slows down. Some processes happen overnight. Google suggest you wait 24 hours before you can fully trust the metrics presented. Usually the numbers appear sooner rather than later, but that's not always the case.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, Mike!
Apparently Google takes a little more time processing the data than before.

Note to myself: Be more patient ;-)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
New Year + Monday = server overload and delays