AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Help Me TroubleShoot This 2% Bounce Rate... Without Duplicate Code

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I'm seeing a 2% bounce rate on gatesinteriordesign.com yet I don't see duplicate code when I look at View Source. Do you see differently? Can you help me troubleshoot this?

Any experience with Wordpress installs having this issue, specifically those running WP.com's premium platform? 

Edit: I feel like I'm going crazy. Yesterday the stats were way down - 2000 ish sessions and 2% bounce rate, and today things are back to how they were before I noticed this. I didn't change anything so am mystified as to what happened. There are no filters applied when I check in Admin. 

Re: Help Me TroubleShoot This 2% Bounce Rate... Without Duplicate Code

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

You can easily debug on the website with GA debugger:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jnkmfdileelhofjcijamephohjechhna

You can check in chrome, console tab with 'Preserve log' turned ON.

Multiple page views are being triggered on the home page. That might be the reason for low bounces.

Best Regards,
A.T.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
It looks like your Ahalogy iframe has a misconfigured Google Analytics tracking code. Suggest you switch off that Iframe and see what it does to your account.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
yeah you have two codes running (one in iframe): that can cause super low bounce rate, try that first.
1.Google Analytics
UA-37581721-6
2.Google Analytics
UA-55195232-1
This always been the case the 2% BR or is it a new thing? any changes take place at the time?
Use google tag assistant chrome extension - you can 'record your session, also see what is firing etc.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a bunch - that was really helpful! Added the extension. Off to check the homepage.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a bunch for that! I'll investigate the Ahalogy iframe. How come it didn't show up when I viewed the source code?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks! I didn't realize there were two ... and with different numbers yet.

It's a new thing that there's 2% BR. I saw that internal stats showed hundreds of PVs/day, yet GA reported 80 visits/mo. So looking around with BuiltWith extension it seemed like GA wasn't on most of the pages other than home.