AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Help Google TAG Manager Question

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

A client give me publish access of a tag manager container.

Now if i publish some tags like GA etc did the client is notified by mail?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Soumik Ghosh,

If you have publish level access(not approve), currently there is no notification system on Google Tag Manager.

Regards

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I mean to say as I am not the original owner of the container just got the publish access from the client if I publish something did the client know that I have published something by mail or some other way.

Because In case of Google search console I have got edit acccess from a client,then when i unlinked a property he is notified by mail which he showed me.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes, I know. I also use Search console and I am aware of that notifications in GA and SC. For GTM, there is no notification system currently. It does not matter if you are the original owner because highest access level in GTM is 'publish'.

I hope this helps

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for reply.

• Guney if you do not mind I am very eager about Google Tag manger and Google Analsytics and want to learn from people like you.

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines.
  •  

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Soumik Ghosh,

It is better if you write your questions here. With this way, we can also help other people that have similar problems.

On the other hand, I will contact you via email to keep in touch.

Happy to help you to solve your problem.

Regards

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Guney for the answer.Keep in touch

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭