AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Help Code implementation

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

If i install google analytics via google tag manager does the raw GA code still visible on the page?

In some cases i saw the raw GA code is there instead of GTM installation.Does it depends on plugings if i use any in wordpress?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Help Code implementation

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

If i install google analytics via google tag manager does the raw GA code still visible on the page?

No

In some cases i saw the raw GA code is there instead of GTM installation.

Ok.. so GA instead of GTM was installed?

Does it depends on plugings if i use any in wordpress?

Not sure I am understanding your question?

Have you considered setting up a server or something for development on your computer, 

then you can setup wordpress, joomla etc and test and experiment in a local environment re 

plugins and so on and the resulting behaviour.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Help Code implementation

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

no i just want to know if install ga via gtm is it possible that the universal ga code still visible in the page with gtm code?mean to say if ga is installed via gtm then is there any scope that the original ga code still visible  in the page?

Help Code implementation

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If you are  looking at the pages source code.. no.

However, if the GA tracking is added as a custom html tag in GTM (instead of a UA Tag), while you wont see the GA tracking code snippet in the website source code of the page, if you check the site with GTA, GTA will show the code snippet.

I usually find the quickest way to check and become familiar with this stuff is to setup wordpress or joomla etc. either on your computer. And then you can experiment and see what happens with different types of tracking code installations, configurations etc.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here