AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google analytics tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have pasted my analytics code in homepage and it is tracking every webpage in my site? I can get stats of my webpage but do i need to paste analytics tracking code in every single page of my site?

Any suggestions?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shyam,

No Google analytics will track only those pages where you have place the tracking code. Yes you ahve to place the tracking code on every web page.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But i could track my other webpages to where i have not placed my tracking code in my website. Whether you are saying for HTML Page?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @shyam s,

As @santosh s mentioned, your Google Analytics tracking snippet should be on all pages that you want to track. It is not possible to track the pages that you haven't placed it. If you are seeing data from other pages, please double check your tracking snippet(you might have put it in your template if you your website is using one)

I hope this helps

Regards