Analytics
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google analytics no longer tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a bit of a weird problem.  

Analytics seems to have stopped recording / reporting data for my site as of April 5th, but I know for a fact that there is still traffic hitting the site.  Google Search Console verifies this through the search analytics section (which shows plenty clicks after this date through to site), and also in my wordpress backend I am using Monster Insights, which reports all the visits fine.  It is only in Google Analytics that there seems to be no data after April 4th (with the exception of one day that reports 20 sessions).

I have 2 views, one using filters and one unfiltered and they both report the same thing, so this is not to do with incorrectly applied filters.

Any ideas, hive mind?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ben F
May 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've worked this out myself.  The Monster Insights plugin decided somewhat at random to change the UA number to the 2nd one listed in the Analytics account, so the data has been piped into that property instead of the correct one!

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Website in question, by the way, is www.compostingnz.co.nz

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ben F
May 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've worked this out myself.  The Monster Insights plugin decided somewhat at random to change the UA number to the 2nd one listed in the Analytics account, so the data has been piped into that property instead of the correct one!