Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google analytics is not retrieving the website logging report

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

This question, originally asked by "syedyasin86" was copied from the old Google Analytics product forum.

Hello, 

My website www.wheelfix.ae has the following google analytics tracking code 

<script>
  (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
  m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-53963794-4', 'auto');
  ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>

This was previously working fine with the other google analytics account. I linked to my new account today and changed the tracking code in the website but still google analytics is not retrieving the website logging details. Please let me know what i am missing here.

Thanks
1 Expert replyverified_user

Google analytics is not retrieving the website logging report

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

This answer was provided by @Dave_Davis and copied from the old Google Analytics product forum.

You have the tracking code installed three times on your website. Two duplicates and one other one. NONE of them are the code that you posted above. 

You need to go through your site, remove any unneeded tracking code and put the correct code in. 

Please consult your web developer if you need assistance with this. 
You might also consider installing the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension which will allow you to diagnose problems like this.

Hope that helps!