Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google analytics code on header.php page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I want to add Google analytics code to my website. As my website has lot of pages, I could add the code in header.php page and have called the function on each pages. Is it right method or should I add the code separately on each pages? Please advice me.

Thanks,

Surya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Surya s
August 2016

Re: Google analytics code on header.php page

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Surya,
You don't need to add tracking code on each page separately. Please follow below instruction.

Copy the Javascript tracking code snippet and add it to a file named analyticstracking.php or with any other name. Then include the analyticstracking.php file on each PHP template page. For each template page, immediately after the opening <body> tag, add the following code:
<?php include_once("analyticstracking.php") ?>

Hope this helps.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Surya s
August 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Surya,
You don't need to add tracking code on each page separately. Please follow below instruction.

Copy the Javascript tracking code snippet and add it to a file named analyticstracking.php or with any other name. Then include the analyticstracking.php file on each PHP template page. For each template page, immediately after the opening <body> tag, add the following code:
<?php include_once("analyticstracking.php") ?>

Hope this helps.

Thanks

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Adding it in header.php makes more sense.

Just make sure it is reflected on all pages of the website.