AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Tag Manager Flickering Issue

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I am new to GTM just added GTM code on my website. But when my website loads flickering issue is coming when it loads. We just added the code before closing the head tag even we moved the code within the body tag. But still the same problem exists. This is my website URL http://bit.ly/297XODs

Any advice please.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Tag Manager Flickering Issue

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi SPrabhu f,

The GTM container is still in the head, this is problematic. It should be, as you say, at the start of the Body. That said, you should not see any flickering. Are you running Experiments via GTM? That is the only time that you may see it as GTM (at this time) does not support synchronous tags needed for experiments.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Theo,

Even we placed the code initially after opening the body tag but it didn't work. No, we are not experimenting anything with GTM. What is the solution for this?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Well the iframe is going to cause problems in the header. Perhaps you could move it to the body in a dev environment and start looking for conflicts and maybe start with your pack.js.

I have never seen any flicker or performance degredation from GTM (tags that fire from it could cause issues) and I do A LOT of it as I work for a GA and GTM (since day 1) certified partner.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn