Analytics
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Tag Manager - Failed to create a container version. The container draft exceeds the maximum..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Can't find a GTM support page so chancing it and posting here.

I've set up a load of new tags and triggers and when I went to publish, I got the message in the subject line above. I've tried to delete a load of tags and triggers to bring the overall size down but it still won't publish. I'm loathe to lose all of the work that has gone into setting these up. Can anyone advise whether carrying on deleting obsolete tags/triggers will eventually free enough space to publish? I've also noticed that you can export and import tags/triggers so if anyone could advise whether this is the way forward to not lose the work?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Elaine F
February 2017

Google Tag Manager - Failed to create a container version. The container draft exceeds the maximum..

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Elaine F
February 2017

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much for your response!