Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Tag Manager Events Tracking

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there somewhere to get a current tutorial for implement event tracking? Everything I find shows outdated interface options which makes following the steps impossible. My GTM interface doesn't show me the variables people are using for setup.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Eric,

This would probably where you want to start (and you probably already saw this): https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6164470?hl=en

But if you are still stuck, then feel free to post back here with any questions. Here is a great set of blogs and tips: https://www.simoahava.com/category/gtm-tips/. Working in GTM, you will likely come across Simo's name every other day!

If there's anything else you need, or any other questions you might have, feel free to post back here!

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nicky, yes I have seen this. Thank you for your reply. So I found out by building and breaking my tags and triggers repeatedly that the issue I had was with the triggers. I wasn't identifying the click target well enough. Using the variables tab in the preview dashboard I was able to find the best targets.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi, Eric,

That's great that you fixed the problem! So when you fixed it "by building and breaking my tags and triggers repeatedly", you mean you did it the normal way! I often build broken tags!

Let me know if you have any other issues or questions!

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn