Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Tag Manager App implementation Preview mode

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

One of our clients has just implemented the Enhanced Ecommerce feature using Google Tag Manager. However, we are not measuring any purchases. Big problem! I would like to use the Google Tag Manager preview mode to look into any issues, just as what i would do with the web-version of GTM. However, using preview mode in GTM for mobile app's, I do not seem to get a little preview window at the bottom of my screen, when I enter preview mode in the app of our client. 

Does anyone know if this is expected behavior. Does this mean an incorrect implementation of the preview mode capabilities, explained here: https://developers.google.com/tag-manager/android/v4/#preview-publish. Or are the preview options for app's different than from websites? Can anyone tell me more about using the preview mode for app's from personal experience?

Important note: I am not a developer, but a marketeer. Hence, I need a preview window and not a code solution. 

Kind regards,

Joost

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Tag Manager App implementation Preview mode

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Joost, 

finding this post just now. Were you able to get help?

I presume you found the hard way that the preview mode (and marketer-friendly debug mode) only works for Web containers and not for apps.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan