Analytics
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Tag Assistant - non standard implementation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently set up Google Tag Manager on my site www.inspiratti.com I used the DuracellTomi's Google Tag Manager for WordPress. I have checked it on Google Tag Assistant and it says Google Analytics has a non-standard implementation. 

I just wanted to check if everything is ok in how its set up and if there is anything I can do to improve performance?  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Laura Nicole B,

I checked your website, your tracking works fine although that warning. The reason of that warning is that your GTM snippet's second part(iframe part) is not right after the body tag. Your tracking will work in general but there might be some minor issues.

Instead of using a plugin, you can put your Google Tag Manager container snippet in your WordPress template files. Just keep in mind that your plugin is setting the pagePostType automatically and if you are using this feature in GA, you will need to implement it by yourself.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not sure if that's the case. Take a look at www.earthecbd.com - I also get "Non-standard implementation" message. Any ideas?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If you are seeing tracked data without any issues, I would not stress about it.

GTA sometimes just gives information.. for the sake of giving information.. which can at times

confuse users.

You are getting the Non standard implementation for google analytics.. not tag manager,
Which means the GTA was unable to find the GA tracking code snippet in the page.. which 

is correct, as it has been installed via a tag in google tag manager, not via the standard method of

adding the javascript tracking code snippet to the page code.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I hope that's the case. Thank you