Analytics
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Page Analytics - Does Not differentiate between different buttons

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

on our webshop we'd like to evaluate which buttons are the most clicked ones. But we have buttons which link to the same content and so they show the same metrics. The result is, that we can't evaluate which Button/Link performs better because the metrics of both links  are consolidated.

In additon we have some buttons which push javascrips events. For example the "search button" and the '"add to cart button" and so we have the same metrics for all buttons which push javascripts.

How can we differentiate them, so that we have a detailed report of the most clicked areas on the webshop?

Thank you,

Patricia  

Google Page Analytics - Does Not differentiate between different buttons

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Karl K,

You can use Google Analytics events to track usage of your html elements easily.

For Example:

you can trigger an event command on click of your button: ga('send', 'event', 'Buttons', 'Click', 'Element Name or Destination URL');

You can use more meaningful values in your event. I just added them as an example Smiley Happy

I hope this helps.

Regards