Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Events Tracking!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I am using google analytics to track user interaction as events on my website. I am using this code. 

ga( 'send', 'event', 'searchJobs', 'keyword', keyword);
ga( 'send', 'event', 'searchJobs', 'location', location);
ga( 'send', 'event', 'searchJobs', 'searchInput', searchInput);

The keyword, location and searchInput are three variables. Sometimes keyword or location can be empty strings as well. These events are sent by a single button click. But in google analytics i see output like this 

1. Keyword : 12 events
  2. location: 8 events
  3. searchInput: 6 events

I used google analytics debugger to see if three events are properly sent. And they are send. So i am not sure where i am getting it wrong

Cheers

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Events Tracking!!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ziki K,

Can you please clarify what the problem is? You mentioned that you see some output in GA, but what are you expecting to see? Can you post screenshots or link to screenshots? Do you mean that you not expecting to see "Keyword", "location", and "searchInput" in your reports because you believe those are variables? Note that you have them set as event actions, so they would show up in your reports.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn