Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Anlytics & Omniture

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is the issue,

In our corporate company we have a corporate partner that runs our booking engine, with very little flexibility. Through our marketing plans we have several landing pages with google analytics and those landing pages have several mediums that produce the traffic. I am doing conversion tracking on our landing pages but I cant track the final sale becuase thats handeled by Omniture when the clint goes to the booking engine ( sample: discoverhcv.com/orlando-resort ) Is there anything we can do in the tracking ( which i highly dougbt) or is there some time of analytics managment platform that could connect the two so we can see what medium going to the landing page caused a booking?? Am I asking for too much??

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Anlytics & Omniture

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Jonathon,

There are a few ways to handle.

1. Cross domain tracking - sounds like the 3rd party engine won't let you do this.

2. Harvest the source medium and pass it to omniture on the engine (this is easier with classic analytics)

3. Set a unique id/ custom dimension on the GA side and then pass it to omniture. Then use the measurement protocol for GA to pass the transaction information back into GA

4. Have the booking engine pass all the data back to a thank you page on your site in which you then run GA ecommerce. (depending on the version of GA there are different things for which you need to account. ) Referrals that happen within 30 minutes (session timeout) do not initiate a new session and the original source will be credited. And for those that don't happen with in 30 minutes you can use the multi-channel funnel reports.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Re: Google Anlytics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For "Set a unique id/ custom dimension on the GA side and then pass it to omniture. Then use the measurement protocol for GA to pass the transaction information back into GA" What does this entail, How can GA pass data to Omniture?

Jonathan A

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.

Re: Google Anlytics

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Jonathon,

Using the client ID and unique identifier in a custom dimension is just a way to pass a common data point to both platforms. For GA this would be captured in a custom dimension and for Omniture, they could consume it in an evar or sprop (my Omniture is rusty Smiley Happy ). Then for any completed reservations a "hit" using the client ID and the rest of the transaction info (GA Ecommerce) could be constructed and sent back to GA using the measurement protocol. (Full disclosure it's not the simplest thing to get going and we offer a service that consumes third party data like this and pushes it to GA).

The critical piece is harvesting the clientID, passing it (can be done in a post, or URL param, etc.) and then having the third party store it. From there you could do the rest in Excel but make sure you have a goal set up for the intent to book (Event tracking) as that will give you the multi-channel view (in aggregate).

Here are some resources:

cdims
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/custom-dims-mets#implementa...

clientid
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cross-domain#getting_the_cl...

measurement protocol
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/protocol/v1/devguide#ecom

Best,

Theo B

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn