Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics with Intranet

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to add Google Analytics to a private site, are there limitations/requirements I should be aware of?

I was told that at one point the site containing a tracking code must be publically accessible. Is this true? I want to use Google Analytics in my intranet.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian K
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The GA tracking snippet gets loaded from your website into the user's browser. There it is executed and a 'hit' is sent to the Google Analytics tracking server.  So, your server can be isolated from the internet, but the end user's browser must have access to the internet for tracking to work.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian K
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The GA tracking snippet gets loaded from your website into the user's browser. There it is executed and a 'hit' is sent to the Google Analytics tracking server.  So, your server can be isolated from the internet, but the end user's browser must have access to the internet for tracking to work.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.