AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics tracking two sites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

GA is tracking our website and a random website not connected to the business. I know I can filter the results by domain but I would rather tell the other side to remove the code. I've read that this could be due to a developer copying code from a site and not removing the GA tracking and this would fit with what I know about the guy who built their site.

Problem is I've inspected both sites and both have unique GA numbers. Is there another place the code could be hiding or reason for the dual tracking?

I'm in touch with the owner of the other website who is happy to remove the code - if we can find it. Please help!

Google Analytics tracking two sites

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Paula,

If they have backend-side google analytics tracking, you might not be able to see the tracking IDs on the page. If you can tell me your URLs, I can double check to find the duplication.

Regards